The Cardonet IT support team have gained UK SC clearance capabilities by having ultra-secure processes and exceedingly high security standards.
What is SC Clearance?
Security Check (SC) clearance is a government issued approval that allows an individual to have trusted access to sensitive government information.
How one gets SC Clearance
For an individual to gain SC clearance, they must go through a process of extensive background checks that examine, evaluate and determine whether said individual is trustworthy enough to view, handle and manage sensitive government information. This helps prevent any crimes such as cybercrime, espionage, terrorism, among others.
The checks carried out by the government are thorough and ensure the individual’s credibility. Sourced from the official UK Government website, these are the security checks that an individual must undergo in order to manage sensitive information and gain SC Clearance:
- Successful completion of the Baseline Personnel Security Standard
- Completion, by the individual, of a security questionnaire
- A departmental/company records check which will include, for example, personal files, staff reports, sick leave returns and security records
- A check of both spent and unspent criminal records
- A check of credit and financial history with a credit reference agency
- A check of Security Service (MI5) records
- Exceptionally, if there are any unresolved security concerns about the individual, or if recommended by the Security Service, the individual may also be interviewed
- In the event of any unresolved financial concerns, the individual may also be required to complete a separate financial questionnaire so that a full review of personal finances can be carried out
- Checks may extend to third parties included on the security questionnaire.
It isn’t possible to simply apply for SC clearance; to gain this government issued approval, you must receive an invitation from the government, or from a supplier that provides a service to the government and you are only able to receive SC clearance for a single task.
We were invited to apply for SC clearance and as such, Cardonet now have a number of engineers who have SC clearance and are trusted to handle sensitive government information. Before we gained SC clearance capabilities, we had to make sure we had rigorous security standards and incredibly meticulous processes that ensure security is the highest priority in every stage.
What our team’s SC clearance means for you
By engaging with us you are able to rely on an IT partner with ultra-secure processes and exceedingly high security standards. We will always ensure that any sensitive information is handled in a highly secure way.
If your organisation relies on high security standards and processes to deliver service, such as acquiring SC clearance, we have the right systems and structure in place to seamlessly accommodate your needs.
Cardonet provides secure IT Support services to organisations that require an IT partner with high levels of security knowledge and experience. We are able to help you stay secure and, at the same time, help you remain or gain compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
If you require an IT Partner with exceedingly high security standards and the ability to accommodate your specific SC clearance needs, call us on +44 203 034 2244 or +1 323 984 8908. Alternately, you can contact us online. We will be happy to support your needs and accommodate any SC clearance capabilities so that you can seamlessly delivery service and focus on what you know and do best. Cardonet have been working with businesses for the past twenty years to help them overcome their unique technological challenges. Our group of highly experienced specialists are available 24/7 to help and ensure that your operations run smoothly and that your data remains secure.