Waffle Day is a tradition that originates in Sweden, but is an event that is becoming more and more popular the world over. Who wouldn’t want to celebrate a day where we can eat waffles for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a snack in-between?
Building on the excitement and success of Cardonet’s now famous Pancake Day, Waffle Day has become a regular event in the Cardonet calendar largely because we have a few waffle makers in our kitchen, including a number of Mickey Mouse ones that were imported directly from Disneyland in the USA. We once again employ the services of a professional chef for the day. An expert in the kitchen who is able to create the perfect waffle batter to form the base of a host of both sweet and savoury waffles.
Our lineup of waffles included the likes of:
- The Spicy Mexican – Avocado, tomato salsa, chilli, lime and sour cream
- The Healthy Greek – Spinach, feta and a fried egg.
- The Nutella – With a combination of icing sugar, chocolate and nuts.
- The Old Fruit – A combination of strawberries, bananas and blueberries, with or without yoghurt.
- Run Forest – Garlic Mushrooms with parsley butter.
- American Style – Cream cheese, tomato and chive.
These were just a guide, with many in the team creating amazing waffle combinations using a wide variety of interesting toppings.
Suffice to say, each waffle was incredibly moreish, with the unofficial record number eaten by a single person being 6.
We are all looking forward to next year where we may begin a proper tally.