Cardonet are once again proud to be supporting the life saving work of Magen David Adom, the national medical emergency, disaster, ambulance and blood service based in Israel.
Our Managing Director, Sagi Saltoun, is a patron of the charity and forms part of the fundraising committee who organised the annual LifeBlood dinner that took place on the 27th of November at Dorchester hotel in London. The event was a resounding success and was the largest ever held. Over £550,000 was raised on the night, which took the annual dinner campaign to £2.6m. As such, Magen David Adom UK succeeded in meeting their goal of 70 for 70, with 70 new medicycles in their 70th year of operation, destined to help provide medical care and treatment for persons, irrespective of their nationality, race, religion, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Huge congratulations go to everyone who helped reach the goal, supporting Magen David Adom’s activities, which include:
- Responsibility for all of Israel’s first aid and pre-hospital medical emergency training.
- Provision and maintenance of Israel’s 1,100 ambulances, stationed throughout the country.
- The collection and supply of over 300,000 units of blood each year.
- Cooperation with the Palestinian Red Crescent.
- The sharing of expertise internationally regarding dealing with mass casualty situations.
- Local social-action projects.
We look forward to continuing to support the good work of Magen David Adom UK into 2019 and beyond.
Discover more about the our Charity IT Solutions and how we can help you overcome your technology issues at your charity.